During the 2011 Minnesota Legislative Session, lawmakers voted to put a constitutional amendment on the 2012 ballot in Minnesota that would define marriage between one man and one woman. The ACLU-MN opposes this amendment, and will work tirelessly until the 2012 election to defeat the proposed amendment.
Resources on the Marriage Amendment
From our allies
- Minnesotans United for All Families is the leading coalition working to defeat the Marriage Amendment, the ACLU-MN has signed on a supporter. They have developed a wonderful toolkit around talking about the marriage amendment: Holiday Conversation Starters.
Five things you can to defeat the Marriage Amendment
- Pledge to vote on the marriage amendment (this link will bring you to Minnesotans United).
- Join our Action Alert Network to stay informed.
- Donate to our Vote No 2012 efforts
- Sign up to be a volunteer with the ACLU's Vote No 2012 campaign
- Create a video talking about why marriage is important to you and send it us to post!