Be Part of a Pivotal Moment in History.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance to join our team! The Assistant Director of Finance will be an experienced professional looking for a meaningful opportunity in a proven and vibrant organization that makes profound differences in the lives of individuals. Our mission is timely, our staff is committed to protecting civil liberties, and we are poised to succeed, with a growing community of more than 30,000 donors and members. At the ACLU of Minnesota, we take pride in our reputation of more than 65 years of fighting the hard fight for people whose civil liberties are threatened or denied. And now— as we enlarge our staff to face the current threats to our civil liberties —is the ideal time to join us! Working closely with the Director of Finance and the Director of Operations/HR, the Assistant Director of Finance will assist with a broad range financial and accounting processes and organizational processes. The position is based in our Minneapolis office, providing access to the Twin Cities area's best.
Our Assistant Director of Finance will:
Accounting and Finance
• Process invoices for payment
• Verify that transactions are in compliance
• Reconcile donation receipts with philanthropy staff
• Maintain financial records, ensuring compliance with confidentiality and audit guidelines
• Prepare reports
• Develop and implement internal controls, policies and procedures.
Operations and Human Resources
• Design and implementing processes for file storage
• Purchasing office supplies
• Handling incoming and outgoing mail
• Works with the Director of Finance to identify and articulate operational strategic issue priorities.
• Strives to keep program work focused on and in line with those priorities.
• Contributes to strategic planning process and implementation of the plan.
• Works with Director of Finance to research and analyze potential new revenue streams.
Assistant Director of Finance American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota Minneapolis, Minnesota Skills The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
1. BA in accounting preferred; 5 years of mid-level relevant nonprofit accounting experience required.
2. Fund accounting knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience in nonprofit audits.
3. Experience with nonprofit accounting software – Sage Intaact preferred and Microsoft Office.
4. Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards affecting nonprofit organizations.
5. Demonstrated people skills necessary to coordinate the flow of information to and from staff who possess varying degrees of financial and program experience.
6. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change and growth.
7. Strong time management and project management skills.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $70,000 - $75,000
Please click on the link below for an application.
Click here to apply.
To be included in the application: Be prepared to upload. (All attachments should be in Word or .pdf format): Letter of interest C.V./Resume Three professional references (relationship, email address, and phone numbers). Your references will not be contacted unless you are a finalist for the position. Applications will be accepted until July 25, 2022. ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above on how to apply.