We need you to use your power by learning more about pressing civil liberties issues in Minnesota and meeting directly with your representatives to share your experiences, hopes, and concerns for the future.
Sign up today to participate in the ACLU of Minnesota’s Virtual Lobby Week, March 1-5. This year we're prioritizing issues that have historically contributed to inequity and injustice, and which have been more relevant than ever in recent months:
- Policing reform, including qualified immunity reform and increased civilian oversight
- A ban on the use of facial recognition technology by law enforcement
- Decriminalization of poverty, including fines and fees reform and ending "policing for profit”
- Sentencing reforms that will help immigrants be treated equally under the law
Since we are still navigating COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, this year "Lobby Day" becomes "Virtual Lobby Week." Here’s what you’ll sign up for by registering below:
- At 6 p.m. on Monday, March 1, we’ll hold a virtual rally and training filled with stories, special guests, music and more to educate attendees about our policy agenda for the Legislative session.
- Between Tuesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 4, you'll be scheduled for a direct (and virtual) meeting with your state representative and/or senator between, where you'll discuss the ACLU's priority issues.
- On 4:30 pm. on Friday, March 5 we’ll host a virtual happy hour where you’ll get to debrief and network with other civil liberties activists.
Register today to use your power, meet directly with your representatives, and strengthen our democracy by working to extend justice and equity to all Minnesotans.
Participants will receive an ACLU-MN t-shirt.