There are no internship opportunities currently available in our Policy Department. Watch this space for updates.
Since 1952, the ACLU-MN has been Minnesota’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, the Legislature, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of Minnesota and the United States.
Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice or establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, the ACLU of MN takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people.
We would like to provide a professional policy opportunity to a student who is interested in a future in policy. This intern will assist the Policy Department team with conducting policy analysis and research and will participate in our team's advocacy and coalition work.
Interns will gain valuable experience by:
- Conducting policy analysis on bills, rules, and regulations.
- Conducting policy research to aid our advocacy campaigns.
- Assisting with our advocacy work.
This internship would be a great fit for someone who:
- Is pursuing a JD or MPP degree.
- Has excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated experience working in a team.
- Has basic legislative knowledge.
- Is independent, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Has a commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice.
Please Note: In accordance with the ACLU-MN Covid-19 Policy, ACLU-MN requires all persons working in-person to provide a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Card to retain on record. ACLU-MN internships can be performed remotely and/or in-person, which is up to the supervising staff.
To sign-up to volunteer, become a member, donate, or follow us on social media, please visit our website aclu-mn.org.