The ACLU of Minnesota works across issue areas to protect and advance civil liberties for all Minnesotans. The Communications and Digital Media Intern's primary responsibility is to support the Communications Department's print, digital, social media projects, and more.
Interns can gain experience by:
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading communications materials, as needed.
- Providing research support and data analysis for reports, stories, and action alerts.
- Writing and creating content for print and digital media, such as the newsletter, flyers, website, social media platforms, and e-mails.
- Creating images and other graphics.
- Assisting the Communications Department with coverage during organization events.
- Taking and editing photos and videos.
This internship will be a good fit for someone who:
- Is flexible and willing to work on a variety of tasks.
- Is open to training and coaching.
- Has strong communication and writing skills.
- Has initiative to work independently on assigned projects.
- Has working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and other media software.
- Is able to commit to 10 to 15 hours a week.
Please Note: In accordance with the ACLU-MN Covid Policy, the ACLU-MN requires all persons working in-person to provide a valid Covid Vaccination Card to retain on record.
ACLU-MN internships can be performed both remotely and/or in-person, at the discretion of supervising staff.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples totaling no more than five pages. To sign up to volunteer, become a member, donate, or follow us on social media, please visit our website www.aclu-mn.org.