Click here to apply for an internship in our community engagement department.
We like to provide professional community engagement opportunities to those early in their organizing and advocacy careers so they have a solid understanding of and foundation in the advocacy world. We seek to provide students with the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of organizing, grassroots leadership development, and campaign planning and execution.
Interns will gain valuable experience by:
- Learning more about organizing, particularly distributed and field organizing.
- Assisting in field and advocacy planning.
- Preparing information and research materials.
- Completing field research and working with members of the team to develop campaign strategies.
This internship would be a good fit for someone:
- Interested in civil liberties and social justice work.
- Interested in community organizing and systems change.
- With the ability to work independently and to complete projects.
- Highly motivated and organized.
Please Note: In accordance with the ACLU-MN Covid Policy, ACLU-MN requires all persons working in-person to provide a valid COVID-19 vaccination card to retain on record. ACLU-MN internships can be performed both remotely and/or in-person, which is up to the supervising staff.
To sign-up to volunteer, become a member, donate, or follow us on social media, please visit our website aclu-mn.org.