We'd like to provide professional community engagement opportunities to those early in their organizing and advocacy careers so they have a solid understanding of and foundation in the advocacy world. We seek to provide students with the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of organizing, grassroots leadership development, and campaign planning and execution.
Interns will gain valuable experience by:
- Learning more about organizing, particularly distributed and field organizing.
- Assisting in field and advocacy planning.
- Preparing information and research materials.
- Completing field research and working with members of the team to develop campaign strategies.
This internship would be a good fit for someone:
- Interested in civil liberties and social justice work.
- Interested in community organizing and systems change.
- With the ability to work independently and to complete projects.
- Highly motivated and organized.
Please Note: In accordance with the ACLU-MN Covid Policy, ACLU-MN requires all persons working in-person to provide a valid COVID-19 vaccination card to retain on record. ACLU-MN internships can be performed both remotely and/or in-person, which is up to the supervising staff.
To sign-up to volunteer, become a member, donate, or follow us on social media, please visit our website aclu-mn.org.