The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota is looking for an Executive Assistant and Board Liaison to join our team! The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison will be an experienced professional looking for a meaningful opportunity in a proven and vibrant organization that makes profound differences in the lives of individuals. Our mission is timely, our staff is committed to protecting civil liberties, and we are poised to succeed, with a growing community of more than 30,000 donors and members.
At the ACLU of Minnesota, we take pride in our reputation of nearly 70 years of fighting the hard fight for people whose civil liberties are threatened or denied. And now — as we enlarge our staff to face the current threats to our civil liberties — is the ideal time to join us!
Working closely with the leadership team and the Operations Director, the Executive Assistant and Board Liaison will assist with a broad range of administrative support tasks.
The position is based in our Minneapolis office, providing access to the Twin Cities area's best.
Our Executive Assistant and Board Liaison will:
Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors by:
- Handling all Board administrative functions: updating board member and committee lists/contact information; coordinating agendas, minutes, and reports; preparing quarterly meeting packets; and updating and distributing orientation manual to new board members.
- Adding and updating documents on the board portal.
- Attending and taking minutes at quarterly board meetings.
- Managing meeting and travel arrangements as needed.
- Providing the Executive Director with administrative support, including booking travel, making copies, typing letters, and staffing meetings.
Provide Administrative Support by:
- Helping ensure efficient office operations and administration.
- Facilitating communication among the staff by scheduling regular meetings and with the community by responding to general inquiries via phone and email.
- Performing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and passion for the ACLU of Minnesota’s mission.
- At least three years of senior leadership/administrative support experience in a professional environment, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat ability to produce detailed, accurate, and professional-looking documents.
- Impeccable organization skills with intense attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines on concurrent projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to develop effective organizational systems and understand the necessary practices and policies to help maintain a high-performing board of directors.
- Ability to work creatively and independently with a professional work style and superior problem-solving skills.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with leadership, interns, staff, and board members.
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends as required.
We would appreciate someone who will also bring:
- Experience in a 501(c) 3 or 501(c)4 organization.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $50,000 - $58,000
Please click on the link below for an application.
These attachments must be uploaded in the application in Word or .pdf format:
- Letter of interest
- Three professional references (relationship, email address, and phone numbers).
Your references will not be contacted unless you are a finalist for the position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above on how to apply.