There are no internships currently available in our Philanthropy Department. Watch this space for updates.
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and expand the civil rights and constitutional liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. As the ACLU’s Minnesota affiliate (ACLU-MN), our work as a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with more than 40,000 local members includes protecting and advancing the civil rights and civil liberties of all Minnesotans (especially women, people of color, indigenous people, people with disabilities, and those that identify as LGBTQ) through litigation, legislation, and community engagement.
We'd like to provide professional development opportunities to those early in their fundraising careers so they have a solid understanding of and foundation in the fundraising world.
Interns will gain valuable experience by:
• Working with the philanthropy team on a wide variety of issues.
• Conducting research on foundations and writing proposals for foundation funding.
• Drafting donor correspondence including drafting cultivation and stewardship communications to donors.
• Calling donors to thank them for their commitment to civil liberties.
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of "friend-raising" and fundraising events.
• Assisting with other special projects as needed.
This internship would be a good fit for someone who:
• Is able to demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the ACLU of Minnesota.
• Is interested in fundraising for the nonprofit sector.
• Has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Has strong written and oral communication skills.
• Has strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Has the ability to multitask and work independently.
Please Note: In accordance with the ACLU-MN Covid Policy, ACLU-MN requires all persons working in-person to provide a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Card to retain on record. ACLU-MN internships can be performed remotely and/or in-person, which is up to the supervising staff.
To sign-up to volunteer, become a member, donate, or follow us on social media, please visit our website aclu-mn.org.