ACLU-MN RALLIES AT CAPITOL FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM, IMMIGRANT DRIVER’S LICENSES
SAINT PAUL – Members of the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota will rally at the state Capitol Rotunda Wednesday to raise their voices in favor of:
• Restoring the vote (HF 40/SF 856).
• Reforming the criminal justice system by ending escalating fines and fees and driver’s license suspensions that disproportionately hurt those who can least afford them (HF 1060/SF 1375; HF 1061/SF 1376) .
• Supporting immigrant driver’s licenses (HF 1500).
• Capping probation to stop racial and geographic disparities in probationary sentencing and decrease reincarceration for minor technical violations (HF 689/SF 1606).
What: American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota Lobby Day
When: 10 a.m. WEDNESDAY, April 10
- Rep. John Lesch
- Rep. Carlos Mariani
- Rep. Eric Lucero
- Sen. Scott Dibble
- Leah Jackson, impacted person, fines and fees
- Tierre Caldwell, impacted person, probation reform and Restore the Vote
Where: State Capitol Rotunda
# # #